If you have a Bloglines account, then you can synchronize Newzie with your acount and read your Bloglines subscriptions thru Newzie. Advantage of this process is that when you read new posts via Newzie, it marks them as read at your Bloglines acount so that you don't read them twice.
This process is especially neat when you want to use Newzie at two different machines and you don't want to deal with same posts twice. Hence Bloglines account helps two Newzie installations get synchronized.
In order to add subscriptions from your Bloglines acount, follow the steps given below:
- Click 'More' button located at the top of the main frame of Newzie
- Select 'Add deed(s) from Bloglines acount' menu option, which opens up a wizard dialog
- Enter login and password of your Bloglines account so that Newzie can have access to your subscriptions.
- Cick 'Next' button to let Newzie connect to your Bloglines account and retrieve you subscriptions
- When next page opens, from listed subscriptions, select the ones you like to add into Newzie
- Click 'Finish' button to finish process; otherwise click 'Cancel' button
You have to note that these added feeds are treated differently from others. That is, when you synchronize them, Newzie checks Bloglines server to retrieve new posts rather than checking original feed location.